The morning will focus on “Fundamentals”. The discussion will work on developing resiliency and effectiveness within your organizations.Session I:
Change, cultures and teams, we all talk about it let’s do it right. (1 hour 10 Minutes) - This first session will deal with culture and team.
1. The importance of personalities in team work
2. The value of dealing with the psychology of change
3. Implement processes that instill positive cultureSession 2:
Data and Variation- It kills you. Stop learning better methods of scraping burnt toast. Solve your problems permanently. (1 Hour 10 Minutes) - This second session focuses on Deming’s profound knowledge with a great deal of emphasis on variation and rapid cycle change.
1. Understand variation of a system
2. Understand the power of control and run charts
3. Understand how to deal with common cause and special causeSession 3:
Now we implement and Problem Solve. (1 Hour 10 Minutes) - The third session will deal with case examples.
1. Refine the definition of profound knowledge
2. Understand the nuances of PDSA cycles
3. Find the 4% of processes that cause 50% of the issues
4. Have materials to set in motion your own projects
The Afternoon will focus on “Practicalities” -- workflow through the clinic, patient computer dialogue, and e-visits. Session 4:
Patient Computer Dialogue/Patient Flow (1 Hour 10 Minutes)Objectives
1. The science and evidence of patient computer dialog
2. Discuss cases and implications of using this in the network
3. Use model for developing flow in the office that is leanSession 5:
E-Visits (1 Hour 10 Minutes) Objectives
1. Discuss the largest collection of e-visits done at an institution to understand scope of e-visits
2. Understand the transformation necessary to bring the net into the office to increase revenue and quality by utilizing the power of the internetSession 6:
What do we do first when we get back? (1 Hour 10 Minutes)Objectives
1. Discuss the real world of the participants to offer solutions of improving quality and decreasing costs
2. Discus logistics of practice transformation to deliver effective care Note: Please contact us if you wish to have your workflow presented. We will notify the presenter and he will help you get the information that you will need to collect. It will then be incorporated into the activities.
The sessions are interactive and fun. No death by PowerPoint! At the end of the sessions you will walk away with a different view of the world, your organization, and yourself.
John Bachman, MD, is the Saunders Professor of Primary Care at Mayo Foundation and the Vice Chair of Education in the Department of Family Medicine at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Dr. Bachman is a national speaker who has been recognized as one of six leaders in the article, "The Physician Culture and Resistance to Change: Physician Leaders who have Effected Change," Health Leaders News. He has a very active practice that he is proud to say is completely paperless. His enthusiasm and compelling expertise in computing and patient computer dialogue has made him one of America’s most sought after speakers on Electronic Health Records (EHRs). His department has completed a study of more than 2,500 online visits. Dr. Bachman often demonstrates his philosophies by visiting local offices, observing staff practices, and then communicating to his audiences what really happens in the work day of real-world physicians. His pragmatic style has changed views on EHRs and e-visits nationwide. His efforts have enhanced the accessibility and quality of EHRs, while improving their satisfaction ratings in the medical community.
This Live activity, Maximizing the Value of an Electronic Health Record (EHR)-Bringing Joy Back to Our Practices, with a beginning date of 06/13/2014, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 7.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hotel Information and Group Rate: $119 + tax
Crowne Plaza Lansing West
925 South Creyts Road
Lansing, MI 48917www.crowneplaza.com/lansingwest
Check-in: 3 pm - Check-out: 12 pm
Reservations can be made two ways:
1. By calling the Crowne Plaza at 1.877.322.5544
directly and ask for the reservations department. Be sure to let them
know you are with the Michigan Primary Care Association room block. The hotel cannot guarantee MPCA's group rate for reservations after May 23, 2014.
Reservations made after this date will be on a space-available basis.
2. Reservations can also be made online with the group access code MPC.
Please go to the Crowne Plaza website, www.crowneplaza.com/lansingwest
and fill in your check-in/check-out dates and the group code.