The Michigan Colorectal Cancer Forum will present a one-hour webinar on December 3, 2015 at 2pm, outlining plans for reaching an 80 percent CRC screening rate by 2018. Dr. Kim Tungeon, a University of Michigan gastroenterologist, and Mary Lou Searles, BSN (MDHHS) will present the challenges and current clinical issues that providers face with colorectal cancer screening. They will discuss clinical guidelines and best practices surrounding the issues today. Lisa Carleton of Great Lakes Gastroenterology will discuss opportunities for outreach to patients in your community, as well as navigation challenges with enrolling patients into Medicaid, and assuring reimbursement for screening. Tom Rich from the American Cancer Society will give an update on current ACS efforts with policy regarding CRC screening, and finally, MidMichigan Community Health Services' own Barbara Biggar will give an overview on Quality Improvement Initiatives in the FQHC to increase CRC screening rates. Colorectal cancer screening is a Michigan Cancer Consortium priority for 2016-2020, as well as a UDS measure for FQHCs. This webinar will give you valuable tools to implement effective screening in your practice, and to help you achieve your goals of increasing rates by 2018.
- Dr. Kim Turgeon, Gastroenterologist, University of Michigan
- Mary Lou Searles, BS, RN Program Manager, Michigan Colorectal Cancer Early Detection Program (MDHHS)
- Polly A. Hager, MSN, RN, Comprehensive Care Control and Colorectal Cancer Early Detection Program Director, MDHHS Cancer Prevention and Control Section
- Lisa Carleton, Outreach Coordinator, Great Lakes Gastroenterology
- Tom Rich, Health Systems Manager, State Based, American Cancer Society
- Barbara Biggar, Case Manager, MidMichigan Community Health Services
- Sara Koziel, Clinical Specialist, Michigan Primary Care Association
There will be no cost, but advanced registration is required. Click here to register.
Please contact Sara Koziel, Clinical Specialist, Michigan Primary Care Association at email@example.com or 517.827.0875