MPCA, along with partners from MDHHS, the American Cancer Society, University of Michigan and Great Lakes Gastroenterology will host a workshop to help Michigan FQHCs reach the goal of 80% colorectal cancer screening by 2018. This one day workshop will be held at the Comfort Inn Lansing on February 22, 2016. Registrants will learn about clinical issues surrounding colorectal cancer screening, work flow planning for your clinic using best practices, choosing the best screening kits, addressing barriers and patient outreach. Most importantly, registrants will be able to work with the Michigan CRC forum to create a work plan for their own clinic environment. This is an opportunity you won't want to miss.
Please click here to view the draft agenda.
- Dr. Kim Turgeon, Gastroenterologist, University of Michigan
- Tom Rich, Health Systems Manager, State Based, American Cancer Society
- Barbara Biggar, Case Manager, MidMichigan Community Health Services
- Debbie Webster, Cancer Patient Navigation Consultant, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Mary Lou Searls, Program Manager, Michigan Colorectal Cancer Early Detection Program (MDHHS)
- Polly A. Hager, Comprehensive Care Control and Colorectal Cancer Early Detection Program Director, MDHHS Cancer Prevention and Control Section
- Simmi Isaac, Clinical Quality Program Specialist, Michigan Primary Care Association
$25 - Registration will include breakfast and lunch.
All cancellations and refunds must be submitted in writing. Substitutions are accepted in lieu of cancellations. A 10% administrative fee is charged for all cancellations and refund requests. No refunds will be given within 5 business days of the event.
Comfort Inn Lansing
525 N. Canal Road
Lansing, MI 48917
Room Rate: $79 plus tax
Check-in: 3 pm
Check-out: 12 pm
Please call the Comfort Inn Lansing directly at 517-627-8381 by Monday, February 8, 2016 to make your reservations. Be sure to ask for the Michigan Primary Care Association room block. Any reservations made after this date, will be based on a space-available basis.
Please contact Sara Koziel, Clinical Specialist, Michigan Primary Care Association at 517.827.0875 or email@example.com