During this one day training session we will be taking a closer look at the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, as well as the Breach Notification Rule. You will learn who these rules apply to, what kinds of information they protect, and what types of supporting documentation you should have in place. We will address a number of common HIPAA compliance issues and break down the requirement for providers to conduct a security risk assessment. The training session will help you identify if you have a breach of health information on your hands, and will explain your breach notification responsibilities if you do. We will finish up by showing you how to prepare for the OCR HIPAA audits which are currently underway, to help you avoid the large penalties for HIPAA noncompliance that we now hear about on an almost weekly basis.
Who Should Attend?
The target audience for this training includes but is not limited to;
- Quality Assurance/Improvement Staff
- Clinical Quality Leadership
Please click here to view a copy of the agenda.
- Brad Trudell, HIPAA Privacy and Security Lead and Corporate Counsel, Metastar, Inc.
The registration fee for this training is $75.
Registration is limited, please register right away so you don't miss out!
Cancellations and refunds must be submitted in writing. Substitutions are accepted in lieu of cancellations. A 10% administrative fee is charged for all cancellations and refund requests. No refunds will be given within 5 business days of the event.
Crowne Plaza Lansing West
925 South Creyts Road
Lansing, MI 48917
- Group room rate: $132 + tax per night
- Check-in: 4 pm
- Check-out: 11 am
- Parking: Free
We have a small room block for those that might need a room for this event. Reservations can be made on of two (2) ways:
- Call the Crowne Plaza directly at 1.877.322.5544 and ask for the reservations department. Be sure to let them know you are with the Michigan Primary Care Association room block. The hotel cannot guarantee MPCA's group rate for reservation after August 26, 2016. Reservations made after this date will be on a space-available basis.
2. Reservations can also be made online with the group access code HPA. Please go to the Crowne Plaza website, and fill in your check-in/check-out dates and the group code.
Please contact Lindsay Sailor, Clinical Specialist, Michigan Primary Care Association at 517.827.0889 or firstname.lastname@example.org