The Michigan Primary Care Association in collaboration with The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America – Michigan Chapter (AAFA-MI), is proud to present an Asthma Management and Educationtraining titled Asthma Management: Primary Care Matters Most on Thursday, November 3, 2016, from 8:30 am - 12 noon.
This is a program designed to bring all folks who work with asthma patients the latest information on the pathophysiology of asthma and allergy; current treatment methods; effective techniques for patient education; and ways to prevent asthma episodes. Of note is the prevalence of asthma and lead poisoning among urban children.
- The importance of establishing a patient/clinician partnership from asthma management and patient education.
- The importance of inflammation in the pathophysiology of asthma.
- Strategies to reduce exposure to environment triggers associated with asthma.
- The classifications and purpose of commonly prescribed asthma medications.
- The use of asthma symptom monitoring in the development of an asthma action plan.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who interacts with asthma patients should attend. This includes physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse managers, medical assistants, community health workers, case management specialists, referral specialists, and all non-clinicians are strongly encouraged to attend to get up-to-date asthma management guidelines.
- Qualifies for 3.0 hours of CEU's under Rule 2(1) of the Continuing Education Requirements for Michigan Nurses
- Application for CME credit will be filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) for 3.0 CMEs.
- Certified Asthma Educators earn asthma specific CEU's which are needed for recertification.
Kathleen Slonager, Executive Director, Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America - Michigan Chapter
$45 - Health Center Member
$65 - Non-Health Center Member
Cancellations and refunds must be submitted in writing. Substitutions are accepted in lieu of cancellations. A 10% administrative fee is charged for all cancellation and refund requests. No refunds will be given within 5 business days of the event.
Crowne Plaza Lansing West
925 South Creyts Road
- Group room rate: $132 + tax per night
- Check-in: 4 pm
- Check-out: 11 am
- Parking: Free
We have a small room block for those that might need a room for this event. Reservations can be made one of two ways:
- Call the Crowne Plaza directly at 1.877.322.5544 and ask for the reservations department. Be sure to let them know you are with the Michigan Primary Care Association room block. The hotel cannot guarantee MPCA's group rate for reservations after October 14, 2016. Reservations made after this date will be on a space-available basis.
- Reservations can also be made online with the group access code M9P. Please go to the Crowne Plaza website, and fill in your check-in/check-out dates and the group code.
Please contact Simmi Isaac, Clinical Quality Program Specialist, Michigan Primary Care Association at 517.827.0471 or email@example.com