Colorectal Cancer Screening is a top priority in many Michigan FQHCs for 2017. As a HEDIS measure, and a HP 2020 objective, many health centers are looking for ways to increase their screenings according to the recommendations of the United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) and the Michigan Quality Improvement Consortium (MQIC) guidelines. MPCA has partnered with MDHHS, MidMichigan Community Health Services, Great Lakes Gastroenterology, the University of Michigan, and the American Cancer Society to participate in the "80% by 2018" National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable forum to promote screenings in Michigan. We would like to invite all Michigan Health Centers, regardless of whether you have a plan you are implementing, or just trying to create a process in your Health Center, to attend this one-day, in-person training full of valuable information from the forum. We will discuss:
- Navigation and structural barriers to screening
- Quality improvement processes and process improvement
- Clinical Guidelines and screening "do's and don'ts"
- Integration of cancer screening into your primary care environment
Please click here to view a a copy of the agenda.
- Dr. Kim Turgeon, Clinical Professor of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan
- Mary Lou Searles, BSN, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Tom Rich, American Cancer Society
- Barb Biggar, BSN, MidMichigan Community Health Services
- Lisa Carlton, Grand River Gastroenterology
$30 - Registration will include breakfast and lunch.
Cancellations and refunds must be submitted in writing. Substitutions are accepted in lieu of cancellations. A 10% administrative fee is charged for all cancellation and refund requests. No refunds will be given within 5 business days of the event.
Crowne Plaza Lansing West
925 South Creyts Road
Lansing, MI 48917
- Group room rate (Two Double Beds): $129 + tax per night
- Group room rate (Deluxe King Bed): $149 + tax per night
- Check-in: 4 pm
- Check-out: 11 am
- Parking: Free
We have a small room block for those that might need a room for this event. Reservations can be made one of two ways:
- Call the Crowne Plaza directly at 1.877.322.5544 and ask for the reservations department. Be sure to let them know you are with the Michigan Primary Care Association room block. The hotel cannot guarantee MPCA's group rate for reservations after February 1, 2017. Reservations made after this date will be on a space-available basis.
- Reservations can also be made online with the group access code COL. Please go to the Crowne Plaza website, and fill in your check-in/check-out dates and the group code.
Please contact Nina Lavi, Clinical Coordinator, Michigan Primary Care Association at 517.827.0464 or email@example.com