Join us on April 17, 2017 for MPCA’s Spring Clinical Pre-Conference titled, “CCU: It’s Critical.” CCU stands for "Care Coordination United".
The Michigan Primary Care Association will host this conference at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Lansing. The conference will be a half day conference from 1pm-4pm. This afternoon session will feature Ms. Candace Chitty, a nationally-recognized speaker who will build on population health management concepts and advanced reviews on care coordination, in relation to the MI Care Team and Health Homes Program. This lecture will focus on nurses and Nurse Care Managers but we welcome all other professions.
Objectives for this session are:
- To describe the difference between care coordination and care management
- To understand the criticality of collaborative care coordination
- To facilitate community resource mobilization
- To understand care coordination team roles and responsibilities
- To learn information sharing strategies and best practices across different networks
- To enhance leadership roles in facilitating effective care coordination
To view the bio of presenter, Candace J. Chitty, please click here.
An agenda will be posted very soon.
Registration Fee - $25
A box lunch will be provided.
Location and Hotel Reservations
The conference will be held in the Reo Room of the Crowne Plaza Lansing West.
Crowne Plaza Lansing West
925 South Creyts Road
Lansing, MI 48917
- Group room rate: $129 + tax per night
- Check-in: 4 pm
- Check-out: 11 am
- Parking: Free
We have a small room block for those that might need a room for this event. Reservations can be made one of two ways:
1. Call the Crowne Plaza directly at 1.877.322.5544 and ask for the reservations department. Be sure to let them know you are with the Michigan Primary Care Association room block. The hotel cannot guarantee MPCA's group rate for reservations after March 31, 2017. Reservations made after this date will be on a space-available basis.
2. Reservations can also be made online with the group access code PRI. Please go to the Crowne Plaza website, and fill in your check-in/check-out dates and the group code.
Please contact Jessica Bautista, Health Homes Consultant at Michigan Primary Care Association, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 517.827.0872.