MPCA, Michigan Health Center Delegates Attend Policy & Issues Forum
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Last week, a contingent of Michigan Health Center staff, board members, patients, and MPCA staff attended NACHC's Policy & Issues Forum in Washington, DC. Thank you to all who attended! This year’s conference had many highlights, among them:
- Congressman Elijah Cummings (D-MD) kicked off the conference on March 19th with a passionate address, during which he said of Health Centers, “You change the trajectory of people’s destinies.” A video is posted on MPCA's Facebook page.
- Vice President Biden delivered a keynote address on March 21st, thanking Health Centers on behalf of the Administration for their tremendous work. Click here to watch a video of the Vice President’s remarks.
- Attendees from Michigan Health Centers visited with staff from the offices of Senators Stabenow and Levin and every U.S. Representative to increase awareness of Health Centers, their critical role in the health care system, and the funding and resources they need to continue serving current patients and to expand to serve more individuals and families who lack access to care.
- BPHC announced approximately $300 million will be made available to support Expanded Services (ES) activities in existing Health Centers. Additional details will be released as they become available.
- MPCA’s Director of Health Center Operations & CHIPRA Director, Phillip Bergquist, was honored by George Washington University’s School of Public Health and Health Services Geiger Gibson Program in Community Health Policy as a 2014 Emerging Leader. Read more