Flint families can get nutritious food; dates announced for November mobile food bank stops
Friday, November 4, 2016
LANSING, Mich. – Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for November at locations throughout Flint.
The Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services are announcing the upcoming schedule for mobile food pantry stops to distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron.
Each family will receive nutritional food such as tuna, baked beans, potatoes, cereal and fresh apples, peppers and tomatoes. The program began in February and is funded as part of Gov. Rick Snyder’s $28 million supplemental budget request signed in January.
Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last. Upcoming dates are:
- Thursday, Nov. 3, at 10 a.m. – Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road.
- Monday, Nov. 7, at 10:30 a.m. – Calvary United Methodist Church, 2111 Flushing Road.
- Friday, Nov. 11, at noon – Richfield Academy, 3807 N. Center Road.
- Saturday, Nov. 12, at 1 p.m. – Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Wednesday, Nov. 16, at 10 a.m. – Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Thursday, Nov. 17, at 10 a.m. – Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road.
- Friday, Nov. 18, at noon – St. Luke New Life Center, 3115 Lawndale St.
- Saturday, Nov. 19, at 10 a.m. – Flint Muslim Food Pantry, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Tuesday, Nov. 22, at noon – St. Michael Catholic Church, 609 E. Fifth Ave.
- Saturday, Nov. 26, at 1 p.m. – Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Monday, Nov. 28, at noon – Church Without Walls, 6202 Dupont St.
- Tuesday, Nov. 29, at 10 a.m. – North End Soup Kitchen, 735 E. Stewart Ave.
- Wednesday, Nov. 30, at 10 a.m. – Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
Information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org or call 810-239-4441.
# # #
Source: Michigan Department of Health & Human Services