The Behavioral Health Practitioner serves as an integral member of the clinical care team. Responsible for providing a full array of behavioral health services to patients from children and adults, including but not limited to screening and assessment, care planning and coordination, and interventions providing brief, focused prevention, treatment, recovery services, and support for patients with persistent illness, within an integrated primary care clinic environment or via telehealth. Additional substance Use Disorder-related services may be provided if the Practitioner has CAADC or MCBAP credentials. This position will have a focused patient population of school aged children and will provide care within a school-based health center – Copper Island Academy.
Benefits Package includes: UGLFHC employees have holidays and weekends off, as well as day shift scheduling only. Full benefits package, including: ZERO cost to employee for Health, RX, Dental & Vision (single coverage, BCBS Blue for full-time employees), Medical Opt Out $200/month payment, Paid Time Off, Group Life and AD&D (paid by employer), Voluntary Life and AD&D, Short- & Long-Term Disability (paid by employer), Flexible Spending Accounts for health & dependent care expenses, Retirement Plan with 3% employer contribution (after eligibility requirements met), Employee Assistance Program, AFLAC, Pet Insurance Plans (at discounted rates), bereavement and jury duty.
Experience and Skills
- Experience maintaining confidential information and adherence to HIPAA and CFR 42 Part 2
- Typing and computer skills including use of email and documentation in electronic medical record
- If recovering from chemical dependency, a minimum of two years of continuous sobriety immediately preceding the date of hire.
- Two-years’ post master’s relevant experience in behavioral health field
- Two-years’ experience working in within a medical clinic
- Experience with tele-medicine
- Knowledge of case management functions and chronic disease model
- Demonstrated experience or understanding of team-based care in a medical home
- Strong understanding of medical terminology and chronic conditions.
- Familiarity in treatment of episodic and chronic BHS/SUD/Medical conditions.
- Experience with solution-focused, brief therapy interventions.
- Experience using motivational interviewing techniques.
Education, Training, Licensing and Credentialing
- Licensed Master Social Worker
- Evidence of basic life support training (BLS), or willingness and ability to obtain prior to, or upon hire
Current Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC) credential in accordance with the Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP), or eligibility to pursue and willingness to obtain certification.
How to Apply/Contact:
Please submit your application at https://uglhealth.org/careers/
Questions or general inquiries may be sent to Shawn Beaudry at 906-372-3265 or [email protected].