|School Behavioral Mental Health Therapist
School Calendar Year: Full-time or Part-time
(possible reduced days/hours in the summer – will be assessed on an annual basis)
Job Location: Oakridge Teen Health Center / Oakview Elementary / Orchard View Middle / Marquette Elementary
Hackley Community Care (HCC) is a Federally Qualified Health Center that provides compassionate, quality, integrated health services to the residents of Muskegon County.
In this position, the therapist will be responsible for providing individual and group counseling to children and adolescents in a school setting. The therapist will also provide consultation and training to the provider team, as well as direct patient care in the areas of behavioral and mental health. The therapist will coordinate behavioral mental health services to the provider team while ensuring and facilitating the achievement of quality health outcomes. In addition, the therapist will provide accurate and timely documentation of pertinent case activities through electronic health record, provide appropriate patient education in an individual or classroom setting, and make referrals as appropriate.
1. Graduated from an accredited behavioral mental health school program.
2. Possess an active, in good standing, license to practice as a master’s level social worker or counselor in the State of Michigan.
3. Possess or willing to train for BLS/CPR certification.
4. Experience and/or certification in Play Therapy for elementary school settings.
5. Experience in mental health therapy with ability to diagnose and treat.
6. Must be able to communicate in a professional manner with patients, staff, and other health care professionals.
7. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
8. Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
9. Ability to work with diverse groups and maintain confidentiality.
Benefits and Perks:
Paid licensure fees
Continuing education allowance
|How to Apply/Contact:
Leady Human Resource Specialist