| TRAVERSE HEALTH CLINIC & COALITION – SEEKING TO FILL CEO POSITION!
Traverse Health Clinic & Coalition, d.b.a. Traverse Health Clinic (the Clinic), is located in Traverse City, Michigan and is a non-profit, federally qualified health center (FQHC) serving the Grand Traverse region. Originally established in 1975 by a small group of volunteer medical professionals as a free clinic, it was supported and embraced by the community, and has provided critical, basic medical services to underserved persons. In 2007, the free clinic merged with Grand Traverse Regional Health Care Coalition to create the current organization, Traverse Health Clinic. When the Affordable Care Act was passed and the State of Michigan decided to implement expanded Medicaid, the Clinic Board of Directors decided, with significant input and encouragement from community leaders, that the organization should seek FQHC status, specifically as a Community Health Center. That federal designation was received in 2013. The organization continues to have a high level of community support.
The Clinic serves approximately 4,000 patients, providing medical and behavioral health services, and employs 60 full and part time staff. It also offers a Recovery Program for persons in need of substance use disorder treatments, and is a State of Michigan Opioid Health Home for Medicaid enrollees. The Clinic prides itself on delivering high quality services, and received the Gold Quality Award (top 10% of FQHCs nationwide) from the Health Resources and Services Administration for quality outcomes in 2020. The Clinic has recently put a Medical Mobile Unit into limited service for its homeless outreach and other community activities.
The Clinic’s Board of Directors is comprised of eleven members including consumers/patients and community members who work collaboratively with the Chief Executive Officer. Along with strategic planning and oversight of finances and compliance with laws, a key responsibility of the Board includes selection and evaluation of the CEO.
At this time, the Traverse Health Clinic Board of Directors is actively seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer.
Learn more about the Clinic @ https://www.traversehealthclinic.org/
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has overall responsibility to ensure that the Clinic’s activities carry out and accomplish the mission of the organization and achieve objectives, milestones and priorities as set forth in the Board approved strategic plan. Our strategic plan involves intentional and purposeful sustainment, growth as well as systems based continuous improvement of our organizational culture and initiatives grounded in engaged, service orientated healthcare professionals providing high quality, patient-centered care while creating value for our community.
CEO reports directly to the Board of Directors and is responsible for ensuring that Clinic activities comply with the strict requirements necessary to maintain FQHC status. In addition to overseeing the staff, the CEO serves as an ambassador for the Clinic in the community working collaboratively with other organizations to advance the mission of the Clinic. A qualified candidate will be dedicated to the Clinic’s mission, implement a leadership style that supports growth of staff, and have the ability to collaborate and build positive relationships with diverse community leaders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Project Director: Serves as chief point of contact with Health Resources and Services Administrations (HRSA), and ensures organizational compliance with federal health center requirements, submission of grants and reports.
2. Leadership: Ensures that all operational and strategic decisions are made according to sound business practices, balancing the organizational mission with financial stability. Works closely with Board to achieve desired outcomes on Board approved strategic plan. Ensures organizational structure is appropriate for the Clinic to achieve its purpose and mission. Ensures Clinic emergency preparedness.
3. Organizational Management: Directly and through subordinate managers, ensures appropriate staffing, and that all staff understand and support the mission, values and strategic plan. Works with management staff and administrative team to ensure all staff descriptions and functions are appropriate and able to carry out functions of the organization. Maintains a compliance program that minimizes risk.
4. Financial Management: Ensures and provides general oversight for all financial operations of the Clinic, ensuring compliance with laws and regulations and appropriate reporting of all grants. Oversees management of annual budget with good understanding of both revenue and expenses.
5. Collaborative Relationships: Serves as a chief spokesperson for the Clinic; engages and plays a prominent role in advocacy, fund raising and community involvement. Participates in local, state and national activities that support the mission of the Clinic.
· Experience as a provider of clinical care and experience working in administration of a healthcare organization, such as an FQHC or clinic, is ideal for this position.
· Master’s degree, or equivalent experience, in healthcare administration is required.
· Experience working closely with a Board of Directors is highly preferred.
· Experience with and knowledge of financial matters including budgeting, reimbursement and financial compliance issues required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Highly competitive salary range commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision insurance; life insurance; generous paid time off; (8) paid holidays; 401k. Position requires onsite functionality. Relocation assistance is available upon further discussion.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a letter of interest and resume to: TRINA HIDALGO | Director of Human Resources | [email protected] | 231-642-5933 (direct).