The dental receptionist is responsible for maintaining order in the administrative areas of the clinic including the areas of patient traffic, phone traffic, appointments, referrals and patient records. Interviews incoming patient or representative and enters information required for admission into the Center’s practice management system and updates the Center’s patient census data with current demographic and medical insurance information.
- Assists patients with check in check out, fee collection and appointment set up and reminders.
- Handles all phone calls in a timely and courteous manner.
- Displays a working knowledge of dental terminology and procedures and is able to clearly explain dental procedures to patients.
- Registers patients via the existing electronic medical records or computer system according to the active policy in place, has initial and ongoing training and maintains competence in computer skills needed for the performance of all job duties including collecting and documenting demographic and financial information, obtaining all required forms, consents and signatures.
- Understands and follows HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Communicates and coordinates with dental manager and clinic team.
- Assists with patient flow and facilitates integration of care, with medical and behavioral health as necessary.
- Maintains department corporate productivity standards for registrations/insurance verifications.
- Assist patients with scheduling transportation when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of procedures covered by Medicaid and other commercial insurances.
- Verifies patient information with third party.
- Directs patients to appropriate setting, explaining and apologizing for any delays.
- Refers patients to the Dental Manager for sliding fee scale or insurance concerns.
- Maintains patient data accurately and orderly.
- Relays patient messages to providers in a timely, concise and effective manner.
- Faxes documentation accurately according to established privacy practices.
- Documents services delivered in a timely, accurate and prescribed manner, in compliance with the MyCare Health Center’s Quality Assurance Plan.Confirming appointments and verifying insurance daily.
- Adheres to the Policies and Procedures, standards for service delivery and Code of Ethics established by MyCare Health Center.
- Serves on MyCare Health Center committees, working groups, and other bodies as assigned.
- Initiate disaster procedures and disaster drill procedures as necessary per Clinic Emergency Management program.
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
- Responsible for personal compliance in full with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures including but not limited to the participation of a Dental Assistant in the provision of clinical dental care, as well as those relating to, but not limited to personal issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
- Responsible for compliance with all MyCare policies and procedures.
- Promote efficient, organized and pleasant office operations in the health center and in the community, consistent with the mission of MyCare to offer care in an atmosphere of dignity and respect.
- Upholds the mission of MyCare Health Center by providing integrated, affordable and quality health care to those who need it most
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Meets all attendance and punctuality requirements to ensure proper coverage and quality service.
- Professional and appropriate dress as required by the position.
- Demonstrates an ability to resolve interpersonal and professional conflicts appropriately.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with coworkers and healthcare providers to achieve maximal results for the practice’s patient from a system of integrated primary health care.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, to effectively and tactfully deal with a diverse group of patients, staff, customers, and community groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations.
- General computer proficiency.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately
- Flexibility in days and hours available for scheduled work.
- Experience with at least one of the following areas: insurance billing, dental terminology, dental office, ICD-10 coding, computer use in an office setting.
- Demonstrated problem solving, organization, judgment, multi-tasking skills are necessary
- Must have knowledge of insurances, billing requirements, and reimbursement methods
- High School Diploma or GED certificate.
- Prefer two plus years of experience in a healthcare, preferably dental, setting.
- Must maintain up to date CPR (BLS) certification
How to Apply / Contact: Email Resume to [email protected]