The receptionist is responsible for maintaining order in the administrative areas of the clinic including the areas of patient traffic, phone traffic, appointments, referral and medical records.
The ideal candidates will have 2+ years of medical receptionist experience in a Family Practice setting. Must have flexibility M-F 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Our patients are our mission and come from all walks of life so dedication to the MyCare Mission and tolerance of cultural and socio-economic differences is critical to success in this position. This position may be assigned to either our Center Line or Mt Clemens location, with flexibility to work at either site as requested.
MyCare embraces all employees as valuable members of our team by providing competitive pay and generous full-time benefits including 4 weeks of Paid Time Off, 11 paid Holidays, Employer Paid Health Insurance for staff with an option to purchase dependent coverage for a reasonable cost, 401(k) with match and MORE! If you’re looking to expand your career, apply today!
1. Assists patients with check in check out, fee collection and appointment set up and reminders
2. Handles all phone calls in a timely and courteous manner
3. Communicates and coordinates with Medical Practice Manager and clinic team
4. Registers patients via the existing electronic medical records or computer system according to the initial and ongoing training. Maintains competence in computer skills needed for the performance of all job duties including collecting and documenting demographic and financial information, obtaining all required forms, consents and signatures.
5. Understands and follows HIPAA rules and regulations
6. Maintains department corporate productivity standards for registrations/insurance verifications
7. Verifies patient information with third party insurance carrier
8. Directs patients to appropriate setting, explaining, and apologizing for any delays
9. Files, retrieves, and maintains medical charts accurately and orderly
10. Relays patient messages to providers in a timely, concise, and effective manner
11. Faxes documentation accurately according to established privacy practices
12. Documents services delivered in a timely, accurate and prescribed manner, in compliance with the MyCare Health Center’s Quality Assurance Plan
13. Adheres to the Policies and Procedures, standards for service delivery, and Code of Ethics established by MyCare Health Center
14. Serves on MyCare Health Center committees, working groups, and other bodies as assigned
15. Performs other duties as assigned by the Medical Practice Manager or designee
16. Upholds the mission of MyCare Health Center by providing integrated, affordable and quality health care to those who need it most
17. Initiate disaster procedures and disaster drill procedures as necessary per Clinic Emergency Management program
Experience with at least one of the following areas: insurance billing, medical terminology, physician office, ICD-10 coding, computer use in an office setting.
Excellent customer service & communication skills required.
2 years of medical receptionist experience in a family medicine environment is preferred.
All employees are required to maintain a current BLS/CPR certification and training will be provided if needed.
|How to Apply/Contact|
|Send resume to [email protected]|