Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Michigan Primary Care Association is on a journey to advance Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) with its employees, members and partners to improve the health and wellness of the communities we serve. We invite you to join us on this journey of change.
- Defining Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Equity is the act of ensuring that processes and programs are impartial, fair and provide equal possible outcomes for every individual. Inclusion is the practice of making people feel a sense of belonging at work. Diversity is the presence of differences within a given setting.
- 2022-23 DEI Strategic Goal: One of eight pillars in the Association’s current strategic plan, with specific focus to…
- Foster an inclusive work environment within MPCA
- Implement a plan to recruit and retain a more diverse MPCA workforce and vendor partners
- Together, MPCA and its members explore centering racial equity and the ways it can improve relationships, assist in creating a shared vision, and improve clinical care
- Michigan Public Health Institute (MPHI works to advance population health through innovation and collaboration through their direct experience to provide services including analysis, capacity building, education, evaluation, facilitation, implementation, outreach, project management, research and solutions development)
- National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) strategic pillars
- Eliminating Racism And Creating/Celebrating Equity (ERRACE exists to eliminate structural racism and create a network of equitable antiracist institutions and communities)
- Center for Disease Control DEI information (CDC is responsible for managing diversity and inclusion while cultivating an environment of fairness, equity and inclusion for everyone)