|Position Description: Under the general direction of the Dental Director in collaboration with the Community Health Center Manager, he/she diagnoses dental disease or injury,
establishes treatment, planning, performs fillings, extractions and related procedures.
Provides clinical supervision to Dental Assistant(s) and Dental Hygienist(s) assigned to his/her team. Serves as team member, participates in team meetings, review of clinic productivity, scheduling procedures and establishing guidelines for care and treatment.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following:
1. Diagnose dental disease or injury, establish treatment plans, and perform fillings, extractions and related procedures.
2. Provide dental supervision of the Dental Assistant(s) and the Dental Hygienist(s) assigned to his/her patients.
3. Follow procedures that comply with OSHA requirements to maintain the safety of the patients and themselves.
4. Participates in dental team meetings and general health center staff meetings as well.
5. Assist in reviewing Dental Clinic productivity, scheduling procedures, and establishing guidelines for care and treatment.
6. Consults with other Dentists and health care providers either as a resource or to ensure safe treatment.
7. Refer patients for specialty care as appropriate. Such referrals may not be made to a Dentist’s private practice, or to a dentist with whom the dentist is a partner or associate.
8. Participate in interviews and make recommendations for hiring staff, counseling employees, rendering performance evaluations and ensuring quality of care.
9. Remain current on new theories and procedures through continuing education. Meet educational requirements for licensure.
10. May participate in planning and implementation of community dental programs.
11. Utilizes his/her professional judgment in the performance of the services to be provided consistent with organizational policies and procedures, the law and the standards of his/her profession.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Must adhere to departmental standards in regard to HIPAA and other privacy issues.
During a public health emergency, the employee may be required to perform duties similar to, but not limited, to those in his/her job description.
Education: D.D.S. or D.M.D from an accredited school of dentistry.
Experience: Two to three years practice in dentistry and/or in areas such as a community dentistry program.
Unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of Michigan.
Be able to perform simple functions on the computer and to be able to search and document in the electronic medical and dental records.
|How to Apply/Contact|
|Please apply at Current Job Opportunities | Sorted by Job Title ascending | Ingham County Job Opportunities (governmentjobs.com)|