Health Information Technology and Information Exchange
Health Information Exchanges allows health care providers and patients to appropriately access and securely share a patient’s medical information electronically. By sharing electronically, it improves the quality of data shared, and improves cost and time of patient care.
The Michigan Quality Improvement Network (MQIN) hosts quarterly Electronic Health Records (EHR) and Electronic Dental Records (EDR) user groups, which are held the first month of each quarter. To join any of the following user groups, visit our peer learning and user group page to join:
- eClinicalWorks user group meets the fourth Tuesday, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Nextgen user group meets the fourth Wednesday, 2-3 p.m.
- athenaPractice user group meets the third Thursday, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Dentrix user group meets the first Wednesday, 1-2 p.m.
MQIN will host a quarterly webinar the third month of each quarter.
MPCA Integrated Data System (IDS)/Azara user group meets the second Wednesday monthly from 11 a.m. to noon.
The Patient Outreach and Engagement user group featuring Luma Health meets the third Thursday (3-4 p.m.) of the second month of each quarter.
MPCA has an agreement with Luma Health a patient outreach and engagement platform, to support the community health centers with the use of a text messaging (SMS) email and voice tool. The health center have options to provide outreach to the patients and closing gaps in care.
- Luma Health and Azara have integrated to allow the health centers to export patient list from Azara into Luma Health using Azara reports on various gaps or recalls.