MPCA provides dental teams with training and technical assistance to support their ability to provide high-quality care to the communities they serve. Additionally, we provide health centers with unique opportunities to innovate and lead the advancement of the dental field into the future. We partner with funders and other entities to align health center teams with programs related to integration, value-based care, population health and innovative workforce models.
- Midwest Network for Oral Health Integration (MNOHI)
- A four-state collaborative network between MPCA, Illinois Primary Health Care Association, Iowa Primary Care Association and Ohio Association of Community Health Centers. This project is being funded by HRSA beginning September 2019 and ending August 2024.
- Dental Therapy: Employment, Hiring Incentive, and Scholarship
- Michigan is ready for dental therapy! Information flyer.
- Oral Health Value-Based Care
- In a VBC delivery model, quality and outcomes improve while costs remain the same or fall because the healthier a person is, the less they require expensive services. A key driver in the success of a value-based system is aligning new payment models that reward care and outcomes and not the volume of services.
- Adult Medicaid Restructure
- Oral Health Resources
- Oral Health in America 2021: From the DHHS National Institutes of Health.
- 2025 Michigan State Oral Health Plan: Michigan’s oral health goals for the upcoming years.
- Smiles for Life oral health training modules: Designed to provide basic oral health education to non-dental practitioners and staff.
- NACHC Integration of Oral Health with Primary Care in Health Centers: Profiles of Five Innovative Models
- Oral Health and Primary Care Integration Site: HRSA’s Health Center Program integration resources.
- Oral Health: An Essential Component of Primary Care: Incorporating preventive oral healthcare as a component of routine medical care and structuring referrals to dentistry.
- A User’s Guide for Implementation of Interprofessional Oral Health Core Clinical Competencies: Results of a Pilot Project
- Michigan Healthy Kids Dental
- OHRC’s National Oral Health Resource Center: A national center serving the maternal and child health community with high-quality oral health technical assistance and resources.
- Michigan Oral Health Coalition: to sign up for newsletters, click here
- Michigan Dental Access Coalition: to sign up for newsletters, email [email protected]
- Delta Dental Foundation of Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and North Carolina: to sign up for newsletters, click here
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation: to sign up for newsletters scroll to the bottom of the landing page
- Michigan Health Endowment Fund: to sign up for newsletters, scroll to the bottom of the landing page
- National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC): subscribe to NACHC’s blog here
- National Network for Oral Health Access (NNOHA): to sign up for newsletters, click here
- Oral Health Progress and Equity Network (OPEN): to sign up for newsletters, click here
- American Association of Public Health Dentistry (AAPHD): to receive newsletters, join AAPD here
- CareQuest Institute for Oral Health: to sign up for newsletters, click here
- MDHHS Oral Health Program: to sign up for email updates, scroll to the bottom of the landing page