Privacy and Cybersecurity
Federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) handle a tremendous amount of sensitive and confidential health information from patients, including electronic health records and other digital data. As such, FQHCs have a crucial role in safeguarding their patients’ data and ensuring privacy and security at all times. Cybersecurity plays a crucial role in this process. The risks of data breaches, cyberattacks, and other digital threats are real, and FQHCs must prioritize cybersecurity measures to protect their patients’ data.
To ensure the safety of patient information, FQHCs should conduct regular audits and risk assessments to identify vulnerabilities in their systems and infrastructure and proactively address them. Staff education should be provided on patient privacy, and data security policies. Through these steps and many more FQHCs must work toward hardening their security posture through a multifaceted approach. MPCA (VirtuALLY) is here to help. We rigorously research IT healthcare applications to provide you with the best answers in modern security solutions. Please contact us, and let us share what we’ve learned with you and your team. Below are some resources to help get that conversation started.
- VirtuALLY established a partnership with Acrisure Cyber Services to provide a full-featured security stack to FQHCs in Michigan and beyond. Fusing best-of-breed cyber risk mitigation technology with Acrisure’s leading cyber liability coverage to help you minimize risk and achieve true Cyber Resilience. For more information, please contact us.
Security Risk Assessment (SRA) Resources
- The Michigan Quality Improvement Network (MQIN) provides SRA options to its members. Please reach out for more information.
- Security Risk Assessment Tool, provided by ONC.
- Tenable, maker of the Nessus and Tenable security platforms, will provide a free Nessus license to not-for-profits.
- VirtuALLY has partnered with VAST to provide cyber liability coverage to its members. Please contact us for more information.
- Cybersecurity Resources, provided by Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency.
- Security Rule Guidance, provided by HHS.
- MPCA uses KnowB4 training, and VirtuALLY has established a partnership that allows for large discounts to FQHCs. Please reach out to VirtuALLY for pricing.