Dental Therapy Scholarship Information
Applications Re-Open September 1, 2023
The Michigan Primary Care Association, in partnership with the Delta Dental Foundation and the Michigan Health Endowment Fund, have a unique opportunity for qualified students interested in pursuing their education in dental therapy: Apply for a scholarship!
The MPCA Dental Therapy Scholarship program will support the educational journeys of dental therapy students who plan to practice in Michigan upon graduation. These students will be recognized as trailblazers for Michigan’s dental therapy profession, and they will usher in a new model of accessible, high-quality care for systemically disadvantaged communities.
Dental therapists are licensed providers that work under the remote supervision of a dentist to provide routine oral health care to patients in medically underserved areas. This includes oral health assessments, cleanings, basic restorations, and some extractions. They are a valuable addition to the oral health care team and will increase access to care in the communities they serve.
Here are the dental therapy scholarship details:
- Qualified candidates may apply for up to $15,000 for each semester they are enrolled in a U.S. dental therapy program
- Scholarship recipients will be required to practice in Michigan for up to 36 months upon graduation
- Completed FAFSA for the academic year
- Two letters of reference (academic or professional)
- For complete eligibility requirements and more details, please visit our information packet link
- Scholarship applications will be accepted September 1 – 30, 2023
Direct questions to Misty Davis, Oral Health Program Manager