Emergency Preparedness and Management
MPCA Emergency Preparedness and Management focuses on the resources, training, and technical assistance necessary to allow health centers strengthen their capacity to prepare, respond and recover from an emergency or disaster.
MPCA works to promote collaboration and integration, to ensure that Michigan health centers are represented in statewide, regional and local emergency planning and response.
We hope you find this page to be a helpful and convenient repository for information, both new and evergreen, on all things related to health centers and emergency preparedness.
- Join the Emergency Preparedness Network
- This email listserv connects you with Emergency Management peers from Michigan health centers, and keeps you up to date on the latest, information and resources regarding Emergency Preparedness and Emergency Response. Visit our peer learning and user group page to join.
- For New Emergency Preparedness Staff
- For health center staff who may be new to the Emergency Preparedness position, or who are returning after an absence, we have a basic FAQ and quick links to the most critical links and information you need to get up and running coming soon!
- Core Elements of EP for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- HRSA Emergency Preparedness and Recovery Resources
- HRSA Emergency Preparedness and Continuity of Operations
- National Nurse-Led Care Consortium Health Center Communications Plan
- National Nurse-Led Care Consortium Health Center Emergency Management Plan
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) Technical Resources, Assistance Center, and Information Exchange
- Michigan Health Alert Network
- MDHHS Division of Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Michigan Regional Healthcare Coalitions
- CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule Overview
- Core Emergency Preparedness Rule Elements
- CMS After Action Instructions
- CMS After Action Report/Improvement Plan
- CMS Assistance During an Emergency
- CMS-Monitored Current Emergencies
- CMS Guidance on Fires
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS Emergency Preparedness information)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA Emergency Preparedness webpage)
- Administration for Strategic Preparedness & Response/ Technical Resources, Assistance Center, and Information Exchange (ASPR TRACIE website was created to provide information and technical assistance needs of regional ASPR staff, healthcare coalitions, healthcare entities, healthcare providers, emergency managers, public health practitioners, and others working in disaster medicine, healthcare system preparedness, and public health emergency preparedness.)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA’s national preparedness webpage)
- National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC’s webpage on emergency management and continuity of operations)
- Michigan Volunteer Registry (This website is used to register, notify and inform individuals who are interested in volunteering in the event of a natural or public health emergency.)