Finance and Revenue Cycle
MPCA offers timely technical assistance support and robust educational and peer networking opportunities for health center finance and revenue cycle staff. Our team provides training, facilitates network meetings, and communicates key policy and regulatory updates and changes to ensure health centers maintain the fiscal stability they need to carry out the mission for the communities they serve.
- Billing Managers
- Consists of billing managers, billing/coding staff, patient accounts staff, revenue cycle leadership, encounter reconciliation team members, and organizations in the FQHC development process.
- Consists of a Listserv for the discussion of health center billing topics. · Periodic meetings & trainings are held which allows group dialogue on critical billing issues.
- Relevant training and technical assistance are offered to assist health centers across the state achieve successful revenue cycle management.
- Billing Champions
- Open to a limited number of staff from each health center to serve as champions in representing detailed issues and questions for problem solving and resolution through MPCA’s advocacy with MDHHS and Medicaid Health Plans.
- Monthly meetings are held to facilitate support and identify areas in which technical assistance and training would be beneficial.
- Consists of a chief financial officers listserv and their peers for the discussion of health center finance topics.
- Relevant training and support are offered to assist health centers navigate the complex financial requirements facing organizations today.
Encounter Comparison and Reconciliation Support (ECRS)
- MPCA offers a Medicaid encounter comparison and reconciliation support service to assist Health Centers proactively review their paid Medicaid encounters with the State’s CHAMPS encounters.
- ECRS Information Flyer
Visit our peer learning and user group page for more information and how to join any of the networks above.
- Health Center Revenue Cycle Resources
- HRSA E-mail Updates
- MDHHS Michigan Medicaid ListServ Instructions
- MDHHS MiLogin instructions
- CMS MLN Mailing List
- NGS Email Updates
- WPS Email List (link located on the lower right side of this webpage)
- National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC’s webpage on financial operations management)
- Health Center Resource Clearinghouse (Find finance resources contain information for health centers concerning capital development, financial sustainability, financial trends and financial performance improvement)
- Capital Link (A national, non-profit organization that has worked with hundreds of community health centers and Primary Care Associations for 25 years to plan for sustainability and growth, access capital, improve and optimize operations and financial management, and articulate value.)
- BKD Thoughtware Email Subscription
- Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell (e.g., How do I keep up with your curriculum?)
- Health Management Associates (An organization that aims to improve the health and well-being of individuals and communities by making publicly funded healthcare, and the social services that support it, more accessible, equitable and effective.)