Dental Therapy Scholarship Information
Applications Re-Open February 6, 2024
The Michigan Primary Care Association, in partnership with the Delta Dental Foundation and the Michigan Health Endowment Fund, has developed a unique opportunity for qualified students interested in pursuing their education in dental therapy: the MPCA Dental Therapy Scholarship!
This program will support the educational journeys of dental therapy students who plan to practice in Michigan upon graduation. These students will be recognized as trailblazers for Michigan’s dental therapy profession, and they will usher in a new model of accessible, high-quality care for systemically disadvantaged communities.
Dental therapists are licensed providers who work under the supervision of dentists to provide routine oral health care to patients within underserved areas. Their scope includes oral health assessments, cleanings, basic restorations, and some extractions. They are a valuable addition to the oral health care team and will increase access to care in the communities they serve.
Below are some MPCA Dental Therapy Scholarship Program details:
- To qualify for a scholarship, candidates must be accepted into a CODA-accredited dental therapy program and must have completed a FAFSA for the current academic year
- Scholarships are granted on a per-semester basis. Those who received previous MPCA Dental Therapy Scholarships are encouraged to apply each semester. However, subsequent funding is not guaranteed
- Scholarship recipients are required to practice in Michigan for up to 36 months upon graduation
- For complete eligibility requirements and more details, please see the information packet.
- Scholarship applications will be accepted February 6th through March 6th, 2024
Direct questions to Misty Davis, Oral Health Integration Manager