Covenant Community Care, a faith based charitable non-profit Community Health Center serving the people of Metro Detroit is seeking a full-time Behavioral Health Provider to join our behavioral health team. As a Federally Qualified Health Center, we offer integrated medical, dental and behavioral health care to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. The position is located at our clinic located in southwest Detroit.
The Behavioral Health Provider will provide integrated and outpatient counseling services within a primary care setting. Care is provided with an emphasis on integrating screening and brief interventions, as well as follow-up/outpatient care as appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to help in recognizing, treating, and managing mental health, substance use and psychosocial issues as appropriate.
- Support patients in their health goals, including, treatment compliance, sleep, coping with persistent health issues, or other.
- Conduct mental health and substance use screening; provides referrals as clinically appropriate. Referrals may include psychiatry, housing, basic needs or other.
- Provide psychoeducation to patients and their families concerning mental health and substance use issues.
- Provide assessments, treatment plans and evidence based therapeutic treatment for patients in individual, family or group settings. These visits may be in an integrated or outpatient setting.
- Document the patients’ progress and diagnostic information in the treatment chart and communicate patient progress with the care team as appropriate.
- Licensed Master’s Social Worker (LMSW) – Required
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish speaking – Required
- Two years experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good Judgement and ability to make decisions independently
- Dependable, organized and the ability to efficiently prioritize work
- Health/ Vision/ Dental insurance
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability benefits
- Paid holidays
- Generous time off
- Continuing education allowance & time off
- Potential for up to $50,000 in loan repayment through National Health Service Corps (NHSC)
- Loan Repayment as a Federally Qualified Health Center
Apply at our company website: www.covenantcommunitycare.org
At Covenant Community Care, the health and safety of our employees is our number one priority. That’s why all offers of employment are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement prior to employment.