Under general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and in collaboration with the Administrative team, the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) develops, implements, and evaluates the medical practice delivery model in accordance with the goals of MyCare Health Center (MyCare). The CMO shares in the administrative functions that directly impact medical services and collaborates with the management team in overall planning and budget activities. The CMO is responsible for overseeing the organization’s quality program to assure delivery of quality services to all patients. In the absence of the CEO and the COO, this position assumes all non-provider leadership responsibilities. The CMO serves as a thought leader to the CEO, executive team, and Board of Directors. Also performs clinical responsibilities as agreed upon by the CEO.
1. Participates in the recruitment and selection process for medical providers.
2. Performs clinical supervision of medical staff, including regular performance appraisals and feedback to staff.
3. Provides supervision of clinical scheduling, “on-call” and leave for medical staff.
4. Provides supervision of continuing professional education, in-service training and orientation of new medical staff.
5. Oversees provision of CLIA waived point of care laboratory tests including ensuring that all recommended controls are in place and staff is competent in test performed.
6. Approves student affiliation agreements and student rotations; responsible for overall performance of clinical students in the health center.
7. Ensures integration of medical services, into MyCare’s Behavioral Health and Dentistry services.
8. Advises on purchase of medical equipment.
9. Leads planning for the development of new clinical programs.
10. Provides counsel in personnel matters relating to the clinical staff.
11. Facilitates medical staff/provider meetings.
12. Performs or delegates responsibility for monthly medical record reviews (Peer Review) for all medical staff focusing on quality of care and appropriate coding.
13. Supervises physician assistants and nurse practitioners employed at the Health Center.
14. Assists staff with treatment modalities pertinent to patient populations.
15. Reviews input from medical staff on their ideas and concerns with the CEO.
1. Development of standards and qualifications for medical personnel.
2. Approval of medical practice procedures and policies.
3. Responsible for the credentialing and privileging of the medical staff..
4. Keeps abreast of FTCA regulations and advises management team on necessary changes.
5. Oversees the Health Care Plan for various grants, establishing goals and criteria for such projects.
6. Provides clinical guidance and regularly reports on Quality and Compliance at the Board of Director’s meetings.
7. Reviews clinical and patient care contracts for services provided to or by the Health Center.
8. Performs periodic review of practice management functions.
9. Together with the COO, serves as a liaison between medical staff and administration.
10. Represents MyCare at local medical societies, hospitals, professional organizations, groups and agencies.
11. Advises on schedules of fees (and related discounts for services to patients, as appropriate) to be charged for professional services rendered by MyCare medical providers.
12. Participates, in conjunction with the other “C” suite employees in the overall budget planning and monitoring process; reviews the formulation and evaluation of project goals and budgets.
13. Attends designated MyCare meetings.
14. Reviews and is familiar with grant programs funding regulations and UDS reports.
15. Provides leadership and participates in regulatory audits and site visits; implementation and monitoring of corrective actions.
Performance Improvement Functions:
1. Oversee and maintain Performance Improvement Processes (PIP) for MyCare Health Center as established by the health center, the federal government, and any other regulatory entities.
2. Reviews results of patient satisfaction surveys
3. Reviews all patient complaints.
4. Actively participates and supports improvement of quality measures throughout the health center.
1. Demonstrates an understanding of MyCare’s mission in performing all aspects of the position.
2. Demonstrates a caring and helpful attitude when interacting with patients, vendors and fellow employees. Strives to build cooperative partnerships with internal and external customers.
3. Assists in promoting a medical staff environment in which the medical providers retain independent judgment and responsibility in the practice of medicine, subject to peer review by, and recommendations from management. Provides an environment in which the medical providers follow and abide by the ethics of the medical profession, all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances, and any and all other policies adopted by MyCare.
4. Handles confidential information as defined in MyCare’s policies.
5. Participates in other program activities as appropriate.
1. M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical school
2. Board certified in one of the primary care specialties.
3. Current State of Michigan medical license.
4. Clinical teaching experience and private practice experience desirable.
5. Current CPR (BLS) certification
At least two years’ experience working with indigent populations and community based programs.
How to Apply/Contact
Send resume to [email protected]