A fully licensed LMSW or LPC dedicated to providing quality counseling services across the lifespan to patients in an underserved community. You have the ability to work independently as well as to contribute actively as part of a high-functioning behavioral health team. You love the work you do and making an impact on the wellbeing of the communities we serve. Full-time employment is preferred but will consider part-time employment as well as possibility of partial remote work schedule as manager deems appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides outpatient counseling services to individuals, utilizing evidence-based assessments and interventions. Plans treatment based on the individuals needs and resources as well as on clinic and community resources.
- Maintains good communication and collaborative relationships with referring medical providers and other staff and recommends additional referrals for patients as needed. Coordinates with professionals involved in patient care to insure collaboration and continuity of services.
- Maintains comprehensive and current knowledge of community resources and assists patients as needed in accessing these resources as appropriate. Is available for consultation with other clinic staff regarding community resources.
- Provides crisis assessment and intervention as appropriate regarding degree of danger and immediacy of crisis situations. Designs and carries out appropriate interventions in crisis situations.
- Carries out all duties with the highest professional standards, especially maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Represents MCHS to the community at large in a professional and helpful manner.
- Maintains pertinent patient information in the medical record. Completes progress notes in a timely fashion.
- Fulfills additional responsibilities as requested.
- Keep up to date with new and revised state and federal regulations and statutes related to community health centers and patient care.
- Actively participate in a variety of committees as assigned.
- Licensed Masters Social Worker, or Licensed Professional Counselor.
- Completion of internship and supervision required by degree.
- One year of supervised experience in counseling setting.
- Current Michigan driver’s license.
- Access to reliable transportation to travel between clinic sites.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records or willingness to learn.
- Ability to function effectively, independently, and efficiently in a stressful and dynamic work environment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of clinical, counseling, and rehabilitation
- Knowledge of current social and health problems related to psychological disorders.
- Knowledge of community resources and referral agencies.
- Knowledge of group dynamics.
- Skill of counseling utilizing evidence based interventions.
- Skill in interviewing and communicating to elicit information and cooperation from patients.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, staff, and the public.
- Ability to evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients.
- Computer skills sufficient to write reports and document patient progress using electronic medical records
How to Apply/Contact:
Apply on our website- www.healthynorth.org
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]