Description & Details
The Medical Assistant provides daily clinical support with primary responsibility for basic patient care-related tasks including patient intake, facilitating patient flow through the office, collecting patient specimens, providing basic instructions and education, completing insurance prior authorizations and referrals, assisting providers with procedures, ensuring exam rooms and office are set up appropriately based on type of visit, and performing sterilization of equipment and other sanitation duties. A Medical Assistant may also perform additional focused clinical duties including but not limited to, administration of medications, injections, EKGs, phlebotomy, CLIA testing, and other duties related to carrying out the patient’s individual treatment plan, and in accordance with certification, clinical training, demonstrated competence, and appropriate delegation and supervision by licensed clinical team member.
Benefits Package includes: UGLFHC employees have holidays and weekends off, as well as day shift scheduling only. Full benefits package, including: ZERO cost to employee for Health, RX, Dental & Vision (single coverage, BCBS Blue for full-time employees), Medical Opt Out $200/month payment, Paid Time Off, Group Life and AD&D (paid by employer), Voluntary Life and AD&D, Short- & Long-Term Disability (paid by employer), Flexible Spending Accounts for health & dependent care expenses, Retirement Plan with 3% employer contribution (after eligibility requirements met), Employee Assistance Program, AFLAC, Pet Insurance Plans (at discounted rates), bereavement and jury duty.
Experience and Skills
- Prior work experience in a health care setting or in a customer service position
- Proficient typing and computer skills, including utilizing Microsoft Office products
- Experience or functional ability and comfort level utilizing an Electronic Health Record
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated knowledge or training on HIPAA confidentiality and privacy rules and experience maintaining confidential information
- Experience working at an outpatient primary care clinic or providing hands-on patient care duties
- Experience working at Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) using an integrated model of care
- Knowledge of and/or experience using tele-health as a treatment modality
- Experience utilizing eClinical works (ECW) electronic health record
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience performing phlebotomy and EKGs
- Bilingual or multi-lingual abilities is a plus
Education, Training, Licensing and Credentialing
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Evidence of basic life support training, or ability and willingness to complete BLS Certification in probationary period.
- Completion of health care-related coursework or specialized healthcare training.
- Completion of an accredited medical Assistant training program and active Certification or Registration as a Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA)
- Completion of a formal course of training and possess a license or certification as a: Certified Nurse Aide (CNA), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Paramedic, Phlebotomist, EKG Technician, or Dental Assistant
- Current BLS certification
How to Apply/Contact:
Please submit your application at:
Questions or general inquiries may be sent to [email protected].