A medical degree (M.D. or D.O.) and the successful completion of a residency and internship.
- Board certification or board eligibility in a primary care specialty
- Current state license to practice medicine and current state license to prescribe controlled substances
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
- Experience providing primary care and diagnostic services in a clinical setting.
- Experience prescribing appropriate medications and treatments for a variety of conditions
- Experience collaborating with specialists to explore patient health conditions and diagnose health issues.
- Experience working in a team of healthcare professionals and collaborating with them to ensure positive, effective patient experiences with our organization.
Provides patient-centered, evidence-based, high quality primary care to patients of all ages. The physician’s responsibilities include evaluating and managing acute and chronic conditions, counseling patients regarding health and lifestyle, providing appropriate preventive care, and working to build and maintain a therapeutic relationship with patients.
- Taking medical histories, examining patients, addressing patients’ questions and providing appropriate counseling.
- Diagnosing and treating injuries, illnesses and disorders
- Ordering, performing and interpreting diagnostic tests, explaining the results to patients and directing appropriate follow-up in a timely manner
- Explaining medical interventions and procedures to patients and engaging in shared decision-making regarding treatment plans
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals and treatment regimens to treat identified and documented medical conditions.
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Consulting with other physicians, referring patients to specialists when necessary, and working with other healthcare staff, such as nurses, assistants, and other physicians.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state health information privacy laws.
- Record complete, timely and legible medical records.
- Knowledge and experience in diagnosing and treating a wide variety of illnesses.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Dexterity and attention to detail
- Patience and compassion.
- The ability and willingness to stay up to date on advancements, innovations, and developments in the field.
- Cultural humility and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Additional qualities that would be a good fit for our team include enthusiasm and passion for helping patients, genuine spirit, kind, and empathetic nature, and one who embraces a team approach and atmosphere.