Job Summary: The Medical Assistant’s role is to expedite medical care for patients in an accurate and professional manner. The Medical Assistant performs direct patient care duties as assigned by a Physician, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the health assessment of each patient.
- Provides direct patient care under the supervision of the medical provider.
- Facilitates effective communication between the provider, patients, family and the entire health care team.
- Courteously greets, schedules, and attains patient billing information.
- Ensures patients are scheduled properly and billed accurately.
- Assist with scheduling appointments and follow-up related to orders within a care plan.
- Retrieves and communicates patient test results and medical records.
- Maintain all tracking reports to reconcile orders in a timely manner.
- Administers injections.
- Appropriately and accurately documents in the electronic medical record system.
- Recognizes and reacts appropriately to an urgent or emergent situation.
- Maintains professional legal/ethical behavior.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for the patient.
- Ensures a team-based approach to care and culture by assisting co-workers and other providers as needed.
Credentials and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One (1) year’s experience as a Medical Assistant.
- BLS certification.
- Medical Assistant certification or registration.
- Experience in a health care or medical office setting.
- Experience in Family Medicine and Pediatrics.
Isabella Citizens for Health offers an attractive compensation and benefit package including, paid time off, medical/dental/Rx/vision insurance, short-term disability, life insurance, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
This health center is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b. and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
Missy Dorwin: [email protected]
989-953-5191, option 6